Making a donation
St Peter’s Church, St Albans is a Registered Charity (number 1131571).
To donate now
To go directly through to the donations page at our bank, the Charities Aid Foundation Bank, please click here.
To make a regular donation, please go directly through to the donations page at our bank, the Charities Aid Foundation bank, by clicking here.
Giving in instalments
- By choosing to spread your gift over time, you help us to plan for the long term, secure in the knowledge that we have income that we can consistently rely upon. Giving in this way can help you to manage your support in the knowledge that you are steadily helping to make a real difference.
- To make a regular payment by standing order, please use the following:
Leave a gift in your will
- Many people say that they would be happy to leave a gift in their will once they have provided for their family and friends, but currently only a relatively small proportion actually arrange to do so.
- Anyone can leave a gift in their will – it is very easy to so and you can leave a given amount of a percentage of your estate. Gifts to charities like ours are free from Inheritance Tax and if you leave 10% of your estate to charity the tax due may be paid at 36% instead of 40%.
- The history of St Peter’s is testament to the generosity of past generations: many left legacies to the church in the past and the church as we know it today is the result of a great deal of benefaction.
- If you would like to know more about leaving a gift in your will to St Peter’s Church please go to the Leaving a gift in your will page
Make a gift of shares
- It may be that you have a large or small shareholding. Maybe your share have been acquired as a result of privatisation or inheritance. Either way, you can turn these shares into something of real value for St Peter’s if you donate them to us. An added benefit is that you can claim tax relief equal to the market value of the shares on the day you make the gift, together with any associated costs such as a brokers’ fee.
- For help arranging such a transaction please email the Treasurer, Gill Taylor, or contact our Office Manager, Carolyn Alexander, on tel 01727 855485.
Organise a fund-raising event
- Organising an event to raise funds for St Peter’s is something which may be attractive to you or a small group of people and, at the same time, it could be fun. Whatever you have in mind and plan to do – from holding a coffee morning and selling cakes to arranging a concert or sponsored event (e.g. a cycle ride or a walk) – you can rest assured that every pound raised will make an enormous difference to making St Peter’s Church secure for future generations to enjoy.
- For advice, please contact our Office Manager, Carolyn Alexander, on tel 01727 855485.
Ways of donating
You can support St Peter’s church in many different ways. By giving a donation, whether it is a one-off gift or a regular gift, you are making a valuable contribution to the work of the Vicar, the rest of the Ministry Team and the church. In anticipation, thank you for supporting us.
If you would like to donate by cheque, please make your cheque payable to St Peter’s Church and send it with a completed gift aid declaration form to:
St Peter’s Church
St Peter’s Street