To donate now
To go directly through to the donations page at our bank, the Charities Aid Foundation Bank, please click here.
Why support us?
- St Peter’s church has been a place of worship and a centre for pilgrimage for over 1,000 years. It is one of Hertfordshire’s great heritage buildings, listed as Grade II*. This striking and beautiful building belongs to us all. There are no entry charges yet we are receiving more visitors by the day. The church and its clergy receive no direct funding from Government or The Church of England. We are dependent on the generosity of individuals and charitable trusts to help meet the costs of clergy; the costs of running, maintaining and restoring the church; the costs of supporting its life and ministry; and the costs of keeping pace with community’s changing needs. Everything has to be financed in some way.
- Our forebears built and sustained St Peter’s over many centuries: now it is our turn to shoulder the responsibility. St Peter’s cannot survive without your help.
What it takes to run St Peter's
- It costs nearly £1,000 per day to pay for St Peter’s church, its Ministers and its work in the community. Listed buildings are costly to run and maintain and are easily taken for granted but we are entirely self-funded. Most of our ministers are ‘Self-Supporting Ministers’ (i.e. they do not benefit from a stipend) and much of the work of the church is undertaken by unpaid volunteers.
- Whether you value this magnificent church as a place of Christian worship, for its place in England’s history, for its iconic, physical and architectural presence at the end of St Albans’ main thoroughfare, or simply as a place to visit or meet, you can help secure its future.
How can I help?
- There are many ways in which you can show your practical support.
- Make a donation - Whatever your donation, your contribution counts.
- Volunteer with us - St Peter’s volunteers work in a large range of roles to make everyone who comes here feel welcome.
- Become a Friend of St Peter’s - It costs as little as £10 pp to join or £20 for family membership and you will be making a valuable contribution to preserving and enhancing this precious place for the future.
- Leave a gift in your Will - All contributions make a real difference.
- And - thanks for supporting us.